Your cart is currently empty.
Last updated: 5 December 2020
We also have terms that apply when you use our offerings on our websites or apps. Please read these terms prior to purchasing or using any of our offerings.
We will only collect sensitive information (a category of information that includes things like your health, political or religious opinions, sexual preferences and genetic or biometric information) from you with your consent and where it is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with services or carry out our functions and activities.
We do not use your health or other sensitive information for marketing purposes unless you consent to our use of your information for a testimonial.
Kinds of personal information we collect
We collect your personal information so we can provide you with our products or services that you have requested and also to carry out our functions and activities.
We also collect your personal information so we can improve the service we provide and also give you the option to register for events and promotions that might be of interest to you.
We only collect information about you where it is fair and lawful to do so. Rest assured we do not sell your information to anyone.
If we ask you for your personal information and you do not provide it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any or all of our offerings.
We usually collect information directly from you. For example, when you submit information through our macabalm website, when you call or email us, in the course of providing you with a requested product, service or when you have other dealings with us.
The type of personal information that we collect depends on how you interact with us.
Examples of the personal information we may collect include:
- Contact forms:
- Information that you send us in our online contact forms.
- information that you provide to open an account and create a profile, including your phone number, first name, last name and email address.
- if you register for a promotion or competition.
- If you apply for a position with us.
- Usage information and feedback:
- information about your mobile device e.g. the hardware model, operating system and version, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network information.
- if you give us feedback about our service or products, or otherwise interact with us, then we will collect the personal information that you provide.
- log information including IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and browser type.
- Social media:
- If you visit our social media channels
- If you ask us a question on social media or ask us to contact you
- if you link your social account, we may collect your user name and information that you choose to share with us, such as your profile picture and contact details.
- Online assistance:
- If you use any of our available live support features, a macabalm team member will see your contact details if you have created an account and will use details such as your first name to address you during conversations.
- we may keep conversation scripts for quality assurance and training purposes.
We prefer to collect your personal information directly from you, but sometimes, we may collect your personal information from a third party including systems you have linked with your account, such as your social media account.
If you think your account details may have been obtained by someone who you don’t want to have access to your account, please tell us immediately.
Using and disclosing your personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to the purpose for which we collected it. For example:
- provide and administer our products and services
- perform internal operations including to prevent fraud and abuse, troubleshoot software problems and testing
- communicate with you about your products, provide our services and verify your identity over the phone
- communicate with you after you have used our products, including requesting your feedback about your experience with us
- communicate with third parties to provide any additional service you have requested
- provide training to staff members to improve our products
- analyse most used features of our website and any apps and improve these based on feedback
Do you want to remain anonymous?
Where possible, you will have the option to remain anonymous or use a name other than your own (a “pseudonym”) when dealing with us. For example, if you are making a complaint. We will try to provide you with this option wherever we can.
How we use technology to collect and use personal information
We use analytics tools including Google Analytics, to generate statistics about our web and app usage.
The information we collect about our users includes:
- a unique device identifier
- date, time and location of your interaction
- the type of browser or mobile you use
- the services you have viewed or used
Cookies and web-tracking tools on our websites allow our websites to interact more efficiently and with the device you are using.
We use them to understand usage of our websites and apps, so we can improve the content and functioning of our offerings.
We may also use information collected by cookies and analytics tools to display personalised content and advertising (targeted advertising and online behavioural advertising), based on your internet usage, and to send you marketing materials that we think will be of interest to you.
Marketing and your personal information
We use your personal information to identify services and products that may interest you.
We may contact you by email, text message, phone or post to let you know about specials, promotions or new offerings. We may also use internet-based marketing including targeted online advertising.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies in the macabalm group, our related entities or corporate partners to allow them (or us) to tell you about an offering.
You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us, our related entities or partners. If you receive marketing material from us, you may opt out by following the instructions we have supplied in the communication. We will provide you this option with any of our marketing communications.
We may use testimonials that you provide on our website or on our social media accounts. You may contact us if you would like your testimonial to be removed from our website or social media.
Keeping your personal information safe
We mostly hold personal information electronically in our IT systems and databases. We may also hold personal information in telephone recordings and in hard copy paper files.
We may use third party service providers to store some personal information. These may include Australian and internationally based cloud services or the servers of third parties within and outside of Australia.
We take steps to protect the information that we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by using physical and electronic security systems and by limiting who can access your personal information. We have online and network security systems in place for our websites, so that the information you provide us online is protected and secure.
Because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Please contact us if you are aware of a breach.
If we no longer need information about you, or we are no longer required by law to hold it, we will destroy that information or ensure it is de-identified.
Keeping quality information
We like to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date, relevant and complete.
We review our customer databases and remove out-of-date, misleading or incorrect data. You can help us by letting us know if your details change or we send you an email or letter that contains incorrect details.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you and to ask us to correct it.
If you would like to check that the information we hold about you is correct, find out about what information we hold about you, or make a correction, please contact us at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
When you contact us to access your personal information, we will verify your identity first and ask you some further questions so we can respond to your request quickly. We cannot give you information about anyone else.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable.
Sometimes we may be able to respond to your query by email or over the phone but sometimes we may need your request in writing and we might need time to gather your requested information and respond. Complex requests take between 20 to 30 days. We might send you the information by post, email it to you or ask you to see us to have a look at the information.
If we are unable to provide you access to the information you have requested we will provide the reason(s) in writing and your options to complain.
Making a request does not cost anything. Depending on what information you request, we may need to charge you to access the information. The charges will not be unreasonable and we will let you know before providing you the information.
We will not charge you to correct your personal information.
EU resident rights
If you are in the EU, you may have the rights below, some will apply in limited circumstances.
- Ask us to confirm if we are using your personal information.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Request we delete your personal information. We will not be able to consent if we need your personal information for the purpose it was collected. We must keep your personal information if its relevant to a legal dispute.
- Request we stop or restrict how we process your personal information. This right won’t apply when we need to process your information to carry out our day-to-day functions or if we have legitimate grounds to process your information.
- Ask us to help you move your personal information to other companies where this is possible and only if we have collected and used your information via automatic means. Some other conditions apply.
- You have the right to be informed about any protections that we have put in place when we are transferring your data overseas.
Disclosing your personal information overseas
Your personal information will be processed in Australia. Your personal information is disclosed overseas only because of our use of analytics tools such as Google and our use of overseas hosting facilities. We are required to take measures to ensure that your information will be protected.
Applying for a job with us?
If you have applied for a Job with us, we will collect the information you have included on your application form. The purpose of collecting this information is to assess and progress your application or hold your information for future opportunities.
The information we collect includes:
- Your contact details
- Career history
- Education details
- Sensitive information or criminal history (if it’s relevant to the role you have applied for)
- Information from your nominated referees.
Do you have complaints or concerns?
If you have a complaint about how we have managed your personal information, dealt with a request by you to access or correct your personal information, or if you think that we have breached the Privacy Act or a registered APP code, you can make a complaint to us by writing to us at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Once we have received your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you as soon as we can. We try to do this within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. If this is not possible, we will contact you and let you know when we will respond to your complaint.
We will deal with your complaint fairly and quickly, however if you are not satisfied with our response, you may complain to the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 1042 Phone: 1300 363 992 TTY: 1800 620 241 Email: email@example.com
If you are located in the European Union, you may complain to the local data protection authority (DPA) within the EU. You can find details or your local DPA here
You're only # away from free shipping!
You've qualified for free shipping
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh